Inova. A smart alternative to traditional healthcare professional liability insurance for large entities, from ProAssurance.
As healthcare continues to evolve at a rapid pace, so do the challenges that come with treating patients effectively and safely. Protect your healthcare professionals and entity with coverage that’s right for your unique situation.
That’s where Inova from ProAssurance comes in:
- An alternative form for healthcare professional liability insurance providing a common-sense approach to risk management and loss financing.
- Helps you control your organization’s future. If you want greater program control and are willing to share some risk, if your premiums exceed $1 million and you have an excellent claims history, then Inova from ProAssurance is likely the right fit for you.
- Expect commitment, respect, and collaboration. At ProAssurance, we are dedicated to treating you fairly. That’s the touchstone we live by when dealing with each and every customer – and how we earn and keep your business.
Where else can you go for help and information? As your workers’ compensation carrier, Eastern Alliance Insurance Group (EAIG) provides you with answers to some of the most common questions Injured Workers have about their claim, and a glossary of commonly-used insurance terms.
INJURED WORKER BROCHURE
Want a pocket-sized guide to ecovery? Request our Injured Worker brochure.
GLOSSARY (PDF) In case you haven’t noticed, workers’ compensation is filled with abbreviations and acronyms. We’re here to help you decode them.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
An often overlooked resource is your state’s workers’ compensation website, which can provide unbiased information regarding workers’ compensation. Click on the state’s name to be redirected to their workers’ compensation website:
- North Carolina
- New Jersey
- New York
- South Carolina
- Washington, D.C.
- West Virginia
Many employers have questions about what happens after they report a claim. You may also wonder how an ecovery program fits into the claims process.
- The claim is reported to Eastern and assigned to a Claim Representative. Prompt reporting is very important to the process! Your claim should be reported immediately so that Eastern can begin managing it appropriately.
- The injured worker seeks medical attention and treatment begins; if you have a medical provider panel in place, you may need to have the employee sign an acknowledgement form prior to treatment (except in an emergency situation). Physicians should be informed that the injury is work-related and that you have a Return to Wellness (RTW) program. This way, the treatment plan can be tailored with the goal of restoring productivity and a return to the workplace. All medical bills should be submitted for Eastern’s review.
- Eastern initiates a 3-point claim investigation, contacting the injured worker, the employer and the medical provider. This investigation will result in an approval or denial of the claim. Regular contact among all three parties is encouraged and plays an integral role in a successful outcome.
- Eastern obtains wage information to determine the amount of weekly wage benefits the injured worker will receive.
- Reserves are developed based on disability and medical diagnosis, treatment plan and your ability to offer modified duty.
- Eastern investigates any viable subrogation possibilities.
- The medical provider addresses the injured worker’s ability to work by reviewing your pre-injury job description and proposed modified duty job description.
- You should then utilize the ecovery modified duty task lists and the restrictions provided by the treating physician to develop a modified duty job offer.
- The injured worker returns to the workplace, performing modified duty within the physician’s restrictions.
- The injured worker continues to recover, receiving the physical, financial and psychological benefits of returning to modified duty. Additional medical treatment continues, as appropriate, and the treating physician periodically re-evaluates the injured worker’s work capabilities.
- Your designated Risk Management Consultant reviews the accident information and will make recommendations to prevent future injuries.
- The injured worker is either eventually released to his/her pre-injury job without restrictions, or is given permanent restrictions. The outcome is influenced by a variety of factors, including jurisdiction, job availability, the individual details of the claim, and other considerations.
- Any additional benefits due are paid and the claim is brought to resolution.
ecovery’s Return to Wellness philosophy is linked to every step of a claim! Modified duty options should be consistently re-evaluated and monitored to achieve the best possible outcome for all parties.
Fresh Outlooks for Return to Work Programs
What is ecovery?
ecovery is Eastern’s innovative, holistic program to help return injured workers to wellness and productivity by using work as a therapeutic tool.
How does ecovery help me?
Whether you are an employer, injured worker, medical provider, or producer, ecovery provides you with the resources you need to:
- Promote faster recovery
- Reduce your insurance costs
- Increase productivity
- Improve retention
- Implement a Best Practice for employers
- Promote a culture of commitment to employees’ wellbeing
ecovery focuses on helping employers and injured workers return to wellness after a work-related injury. Unlike basic “Return-to-Work” programs, ecovery addresses the economical, physical, psychological and financial benefits of returning injured employees to productivity after an injury. Our holistic approach focuses on the big picture, not just dollars and cents.
To be the premier provider of specialty insurance products and services recognized in the industry for bringing fresh outlooks and providing better outcomes to employees, shareholders, agents, brokers, clients and their employees.
A specialty insurance marketplace where integrity, service and relationships drive results. We will deliver on our Vision and continue to build and grow the company. Every day we should embody the Vision and continue to live up to the Brand Promise of “Fresh outlooks. Better outcomes.”
- Integrity: We strictly adhere to a level of personal conduct that embraces professionalism, honesty and credibility. Our behavior is the benchmark to which others aspire.
- Relationships: We work collaboratively with our agents, brokers and clients; our partnerships help our clients improve their productivity and bottom line profitability.
- Leadership: We employ individuals who inspire confidence in those with whom they come in contact. Our leaders are measured by their actions, not words.
- Innovation: We sustain a work environment that fosters energy, creativity and a passion for excellence. Our employees are committed to identifying progressive solutions to meet the needs of our customers.
- Enthusiasm: We embrace every day as a singular opportunity to reach for extraordinary outcomes. Our positive attitude is infectious and promotes mutual success.